Gold and other precious metals should be mined and refined in a sustainable and responsible manner that respects both the needs of humanity and our environment. Our position on responsible mining procedures goes much further than the gold mining process itself. It encompasses all aspects of gold: appropriate mining methods on conservation, remediation and fair labor practices. It also includes proper refining; correct handling of aqua regia acid, scrubbing fumes and clean emissions. Our suppliers use only specific, branded gold bars or grain in production operations and up to 98% of raw materials used in production are recycled internally. We require that our vendors maintain policies and procedures, which mandate social and environmental responsibility for both themselves and their suppliers.
As proof of our commitment to sustainability, we only use suppliers with a SCS certification. SCS is a global leader in verification of environmental and sustainability claims with internationally recognized standards, and their certification ensures that all of manufactured metals – gold, silver, platinum, and palladium product is certified 100% recycled content.
We are committed to selling diamonds ethically and with integrity, giving you confidence in the diamonds you purchase. We believe it is completely unacceptable to tolerate conflict diamonds and/or human suffering in any way and we fully support the Kimberley Process – and aspire to go beyond conflict free. Cascade Star offers this commitment to you. The Kimberley Process ensures that rough diamonds are:
- Exported and imported with a government validated Kimberly Process certificate stating the diamonds are conflict-free.
- Transported between signatory countries in a sealed and tamper-proof container.
- Sold with a statement from the seller (known as a warranty) on all invoices guaranteeing that the diamonds being sold are conflict-free.
Synthetic Screening Policy – When you buy diamonds from Cascade Star, you can buy with confidence. We do not tolerate undisclosed synthetic diamonds in our inventory. We require all our loose diamond and diamond set jewelry suppliers to warrant that they are not supplying us with synthetics. For additional security, we further stipulate that our vendors screen all diamonds from .20+ carats for synthetics.
Cascade Star adheres to strict protocols in regards to the sourcing of gemstones. As a natural resource, gemstones can be found almost anywhere and are exchanged too frequently to keep an absolute accurate account of their exact origin. However, we engage in several practices to ensure the integrity of the stones we purchase. For example:
• Our suppliers/cutters are frequently visited in order to make certain socially responsible practices are being followed in those locations.
• All of our suppliers have provided written verification stating their compliance with the US Patriot Act.